We are open daily from 10.00am-4.20pm (the last tour). The Gift Shop, Castleyard Café and Mound are open till 5.30pm.
The site will be closed 24th-26th December 2018.
2018 Admission Prices
- Adult – £11.50
- Child – £7.95
- Child (under 5) – FREE
- Student – £9.75
- Concession – £9.75
- Family – £36.00
- Carer – FREE
All admission tickets get access to the Mound.
We also have a number of Joint Ticket packages available with our partners in the city.
Prices are for standard tours only and may vary according to season and special events.
Unfortunately, our lift is currently out of order. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Children under 5 years of age will not be permitted access to St George’s Tower due to health and safety regulations.
- Visitors unable to climb the tower may wait at the bottom with a guardian and watch our “Story of Oxford Castle” video. Once the tour group returns from the Tower, you are then able to re-join your group as the tour continues. To find out more about this policy, click here to view our access information.
- Due to the historical nature of the building Prams & Pushchairs do not fit through our doors, so they need to be left in the reception area where they will be looked after by a member of our team.
- Luggage is not allowed throughout the site, so we ask that you store it in our onsite lockers, located in the Gift Shop.
- Pre-booking is recommended as capacity is limited.
- Please note that Tesco vouchers cannot be used when booking online.
- Payment must be made at the time of booking by credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Switch or Delta).
- No dogs are allowed in the attraction, the mound, Castleyard Cafe or the gift shop except for guide dogs.
- Opening times may be subject to change; for up-to-date information on admission prices and opening times, please telephone our information line on 01865 260666.