Group Terms and Conditions
Oxford Castle & Prison is a Continuum Attraction. Any person booking and/or visiting a Continuum Leading Attractions site/venue does so subject to the following conditions.
- To qualify for Group discounts and benefits groups must comprise of at least 15 persons and must pre-book their visit.
- Groups who reduce their numbers to less than 15 will be charged the standard rates and will not receive any discounts or group benefits.
- All bookings remain provisional until full payment has been received.
- We do not offer our group rates during peak periods or on our private evening tours.
- Once full payment has been received your booking will be confirmed to you in writing.
- All provisional bookings will be released 48 hours prior to the arrival time.*
- To amend your booking please call 01865 260 663 or email email@example.com.
- Oxford Castle and Prison reserves the right to charge for any amendments made within the 48 hour period prior to arrival.*
- Cancellations must be made at least 14 days in advance of your arrival time. All cancellations made within 14 days of the booked visit date will not receive a refund. Cancellation fees are 100% of the booking. To cancel your booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org.*
- Full pre-payment must be made at least 14 days in advance of your visit. Please contact us if you are having problems making payment for your group.*
- All payments must be made in pounds sterling (£).
- Failure to pay for your visit will result in your booking being released 48 hours before your expected arrival time.
- Cheques must be made payable to Heritage Projects (Oxford Castle) Limited and sent to Continuum, St Edmund’s House, Margaret Street, York, YO10 4UX. Please ensure your Reservation Number is noted on the back of your cheque.
- Credit card payments should be made by calling Oxford Castle & Prison on 01865 260 663.
- If payment is made by bank transfer all bank charges are the responsibility of the customer.
- A Remittance Advice should be sent to email@example.com to confirm all BACS transfers. Your booking will not be confirmed until we have received the payment into our bank.
- Once payments have been received a receipt will be sent out.
- Groups who have made arrangements to be invoiced do not need to pay in advance. These groups must pay any invoice within 30 days of the invoice date. Failure to do so may result in pre-payment being required for future visits.
- Cancellations – Cancellations must be made at least 14 days prior to the visit. Any bookings cancelled within 14 days of the arrival date will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee. Oxford Castle and Prison retain absolute discretion as to whether late cancellations will be charged. Standard fees for late cancellation are 100% of the booking. To cancel your booking please call 01865 260 663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.*
- No-shows – Oxford Castle and Prison retain absolute discretion as to whether groups who do not arrive for their tour will be charged. Standard fees for no-shows are 100% of the booking.
- Refunds – Oxford Castle Prison retains absolute discretion as to whether refunds will be given.
- Tours – To accommodate tours, groups may be split into smaller groups at the time of booking or on arrival. Continuum Attractions may let other people join your tour if your party does not take a full tour. The only way to ensure a private tour is to pay for all available spaces.
- All bookings that are arranged within 14 days of the visit date must be paid for immediately.
- Translators – Any groups wishing to bring a translator will be required to book a private tour.
- Continuum Leading Attractions reserves the right to alter or withdraw any package facility, exhibit, event, services or price at any of our attractions without notice.
On the Day
- We ask all groups to arrive at least 10 minutes before their scheduled tour time. Oxford Castle and Prison reserve the right to refuse entry to any group arriving after their scheduled tour time. Oxford Castle and Prison retain absolute discretion as to whether late arriving groups/people will be charged for their tour. Standard fees for late arrival will be 100% of the booking.
- To notify the attraction of the group’s late arrival please call 01865 260 663. The attraction is located at 44-46 Oxford Castle, Oxford, OX1 1AY.
- Groups arriving with fewer people than originally booked will be charged for all pre-ordered tickets.
- A coach drop off point is located on Beaumont Street (westbound) – just outside the Playhouse. There is coach parking is available at Redbridge Park and Ride. For more details about coaches and a map of Oxford’s car parks and drop off points please visit the Oxford City Council website
Refusal of Entry
Oxford Castle and Prison reserve the right to refuse entry on to a tour or remove any person who:
- Arrive late for their tour.
- Is suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Does not respect the historical nature of the attraction.
- Behaves in a manner that is disruptive to the enjoyment of other visitors.
- Behaves in a manner that compromises the safety of other visitors or staff.
- Uses verbal or physical threats or insults toward any member of staff.
- Causes damage or physical disruption to any part of the attraction.
* Bookings with external service providers may need payment 28 days in advance of your visit, and bookings will be released at this time if payment has not been made. Charges may also be incurred. You will be informed about the terms and conditions of these bookings at the time of your enquiry.