- To qualify for Group discounts and benefits groups must comprise of at least 15 persons and must pre-book their visit.
- Groups who reduce their numbers to less than 15 will be charged the standard rates and not receive any discounts or group benefits.
- All bookings remain provisional until full payment has been received.
- Companies who are being invoiced after the visit date must return a signed ‘Provisional Booking’ letter to confirm their booking.
- Once full payment has been received your booking will be confirmed to you in writing.
- All provisional bookings will be released 48 hours prior to the arrival time.*
- To amend your booking please call 01904 261262.
- Oxford Castle and Prison reserves the right to charge for any amendments made within the 48 hour period prior to arrival.*
- Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance of your arrival time. For full information see ‘General Information’ below.*
- Full pre-payment must be made at least 7 days in advance of your visit. Please contact us if you are having problems making payment for your group.*
- All payments must be made in pounds sterling (£).
- Failure to pay for your visit will result in your booking being released 48 hours before your expected arrival time.
- Cheques must be made payable to Heritage Projects (Oxford Castle) Limited and sent to Continuum, St Edmund’s House, Margaret Street, York, YO10 4UX. Please ensure your Reservation Number is noted on the back of your cheque.
- Credit card payments should be made by calling the Group Bookings Office on 01904 261262.
- If payment is made by bank transfer all bank charges are the responsibility of the customer.
- A Remittance Advice should be sent to the Group Bookings Office to confirm all BACS transfers. Your booking will not be confirmed until we have received the payment into our bank.
- Once payments have been received a receipt will be sent out.
- Groups who have made arrangements to be invoiced do not need to pay in advance. These groups must pay any invoice within 30 days of the invoice date. Failure to do so may result in pre-payment being required for future visits.
- Cancellations – Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance of your arrival time. Oxford Castle and Prison retain absolute discretion as to whether late cancellations will be charged. Standard fees for late cancellation are 100% of the booking. To cancel your booking please call 01904 261262.*
- No-shows – Oxford Castle and Prison retain absolute discretion as to whether groups who do not arrive for their tour will be charged. Standard fees for no-shows are 100% of the booking.
- Refunds – Oxford Castle Prison retains absolute discretion as to whether refunds will be given.
- Tours – All our tours have 16 spaces. If your group is less than 16 people we may let other people join your tour. The only way to ensure a private tour is to pay for all available 16 spaces.
- Translators – Any groups wishing to bring a translator will be required to book a private tour.
On the Day
- We ask all groups to arrive at least 10 minutes before their scheduled tour time. Oxford Castle and Prison reserve the right to refuse entry to any group arriving after their scheduled tour time. Oxford Castle and Prison retain absolute discretion as to whether late arriving groups/people will be charged for their tour. Standard fees for late arrival will be 100% of the booking.
- To notify the attraction of the group’s late arrival please call 01865 260666. The attraction is located at 44-46 Oxford Castle, Oxford, OX1 1AY.
- Groups arriving with fewer people than originally booked will be charged for all pre-ordered tickets.
- A coach drop off point, located on Paradise Street behind the attraction, is available free of charge for all groups. Groups can use the space from 10 minutes prior to their arrival time for up to 10 minutes. For full details call 01904 261262.
Refusal of Entry
Oxford Castle and Prison reserve the right to refuse entry on to a tour or remove any person who:
- Arrive late for their tour.
- Is suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Do not respect the historical nature of the attraction.
- Behaves in a manner that is disruptive to the enjoyment of other visitors.
- Behaves in a manner that compromises the safety of other visitors or staff.
- Uses verbal or physical threats or insults toward any member of staff.
* Bookings with external service providers may need payment 28 days in advance of your visit, and bookings will be released at this time if payment has not been made. Charges may also be incurred. You will be informed about the terms and conditions of these bookings at the time of your enquiry.